Here are some links to other resources
- Java Content Repository: The Best Of Both Worlds - by Bertrand Delacretaz on Javalobby - uses the Sling HTTP interface to demonstrate JCR features.
- Accessing Relational Data as SLING RESTful URLs - by Luca Masini
- Your First Day With Sakai Nakamura - Sakai Nakamura is based on Sling, that introductory article has very good explanations of REST and Sling basics, and on why hierarchies are useful on the Web.
- Sling on dev.day.com - Day's developers blog, regularly includes articles on Sling and JCR. Powered by Sling, of course.
- Sling on Lars Trieloff's Blog - Lars regularly writes on his experiences with Sling. Most notably the mini series of three entries introducing Sling and microsling.
- Sling links at del.icio.us - If you're a del.icio.us user, please tag Sling-related posts with both sling and jcr tags, so that they appear in that list.
- Sling on Fisheye - code repository viewer, activity statistics, etc.
- Sling on ohloh - activity and community statistics.
- Sling on MarkMail - searchable mailing list archives.
- Gert Vanthienen succeeded in installing Sling into the new Apache ServiceMix kernel and documented his experience Sling On ServiceMix Kernel
The following screencasts demonstrate Day Software's CRX quickstart product, powered by Sling:
- ApacheCon EU 08 Fast Feather Track Presentation on Sling
- JCR Meetup Presentation on Sling Architecture
- ApacheCon US 07 Fast Feather Track Presentation on Sling
- Feathercast On Day 4 with an interview on Sling with Felix
- Apache Jackrabbit - The reference implementation of the Content Repository for Java (JCR) Specification. This implementation is used in Sling as the primary repository.
- JSR 170: Content Repository for JavaTM technology API - The specification of the repository API.
- Apache Felix - The OSGi Framework implementation we use in Sling.
- The OSGi Alliance - The OSGi Alliance is the specification body defining the OSGi Core and Compendium Services. These specifications are at the center of making Sling possible.